CAS №: 63527-52-6
Physicochemical Properties: White or almost white crystal powder, Odourless or little off-odor
Density: 1.8 g/ml
Boiling point: / ºC
Melting point: / ºC
Flashing point: / ºC
Product specification: ≥90%
Main Uses: API
Packaging: 25KG net in a cardboard drum with inner aluminum foil bag
Cefotaxime, the third-generation cephalosporin, is a broad-spectrum antibiotic.
This cefotaxime antibiotic is mainly used for:
lower respiratory tract infection (such as pneumonia).
Genitourinary system infection (including urinary tract infection, uteritis, prostatitis, gonorrhea, etc.).
Abdominal infection (such as peritonitis, cholangitis, etc.).
Bone, joint, skin and soft tissue infection.
Prevention of surgical infection.
Ear, nose and throat infections.
Other serious infections, such as acute suppurative meningitis (especially in infants and young children), bacterial endocarditis, sepsis, etc.
Cefotaxime has a low incidence of ADR, only around 3% ~ 5%, and is generally temporary and reversible.
common skin rash, urticaria, erythema, medicine fever, and other allergic reactions and diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and other gastrointestinal reactions.
Occasional abnormal liver and kidney function, candidiasis, vitamin K deficiency, vitamin B deficiency, etc.
Anaphylactic shock, headache, dyspnea, and other symptoms are rare.
Intramuscular Injection of Cefotaxime Antibiotic:
- Gonorrhea: single intramuscular injection of 1g;
- No complications of pneumococcal pneumonia or acute urinary tract infection: 1g each time, twice a day;
- Preoperative prophylactic drugs: preoperative intramuscular injection of 1g 0.5 ~ 1.5h, 1g during the operation, 1g every 6 ~ 8 hours after the operation, until 24h.
-Common cefotaxime dosage: 2 ~ 6g, divided into 2 ~ 3 times; Severe infection (such as sepsis, etc.) 2 ~ 3g every 6 ~ 8 hours. The maximum daily cefotaxime dosage is of12g;
-No complications of pneumococcal pneumonia or acute urinary tract infection: 1g every 12 hours;
-Preventive medication during surgery: intravenous injection of 1g 0.5 ~ 1.5h before surgery, 1g during surgery, 1g every 6 ~ 8 hours after surgery, until 24h;
-Dosage of renal insufficiency: the dose reduction of cefotaxime should be adjusted according to the creatinine clearance rate in patients with severe renal dysfunction;
-Dose during dialysis: 0.5 ~ 2g per day for hemodialysis patients, but the cefotaxime dose should be added once after dialysis.
Intravenous Injection of Cefotaxime Antibiotic for Children:
(1) Newborns: the age is less than or equal to 7 days, 50mg/kg every 12 hours; 50mg/kg every 8 hours for those over 7 days of age;
(2) for children over 1 month: 50mg/kg every 8 hours, the dose can be increased to 75mg/kg every 6 hours in the treatment of meningitis.