Physical and chemical properties
Xylitol tastes better at a low temperature, and its sweetness can reach 1.2 times that of sucrose. Xylitol is often accompanied by a slight cooling sensation after it is taken in. This is because it is easily soluble in water and absorbs a certain amount of heat when it is dissolved. Toxicity: The oral LD50 of mice is 22g/kg body weight, which is safe. ADI has no special regulations.
To a certain extent, it also contributes to the cleanliness of teeth, but excessive consumption may also bring side effects such as diarrhea, which cannot be ignored. Xylitol is a white crystal or crystalline powder, easily soluble in water, slightly soluble in ethanol and methanol, melting point 92~96℃, boiling point 216℃. The pH of the 10% aqueous solution is 5.0~7.0.
The sweetness of xylitol is equivalent to that of sucrose trehalose. When dissolved in water, it can absorb a lot of calories. It is the one with the highest endothermic value among all sugar alcohol sweeteners. Therefore, when eaten in solid form, it will produce a pleasant cooling sensation in the mouth. Xylitol does not cause caries and can prevent dental caries. Metabolism is not regulated by insulin, it is completely metabolized in the human body, with a calorific value of 10kJ/g, which can be used as a heat source for diabetic patients.
Sweetener: Xylitol is used as a low cal sweetener, nutritional supplement, and auxiliary therapeutic agent for diabetic patients. Xylitol is an intermediate of human carbohydrate metabolism. When the lack of insulin in the body affects carbohydrate metabolism, there is no need for insulin promotion, and xylitol can also be used. Through the cell membrane, it is absorbed and utilized by the tissues to promote the synthesis of liver glycogen to provide nutrients and energy for the cells, without causing blood sugar levels to rise, and eliminating the three symptoms (polyphagia, polydipsia, and polyuria) of diabetic patients after taking it. It is the most suitable nutritional sugar substitute for diabetics.
Improve liver: Xylitol can promote the synthesis of liver glycogen, the blood sugar will not rise, and it has the effect of improving liver function and anti-fatty liver in patients with liver disease. It has an obvious curative effect in the treatment of persistent hepatitis B, chronic hepatitis B, and liver cirrhosis. It is complicated by hepatitis. Ideal supplementary medicine for patients with the disease.
Anti-caries: The anti-caries properties of xylitol are the best among all sweeteners. Firstly, xylitol cannot be fermented and utilized by bacteria that produce dental caries in the mouth to inhibit the growth of streptococci and acid production. Secondly, when chewing xylitol, people can promote saliva secretion, more saliva can not only wash the bacteria in the mouth and teeth, but also increase the concentration of basic amino acids and ammonia in saliva and dental caries spots, and at the same time slow down the drop in oral pH, and the acidic substances that harm teeth are neutralized and dilution, inhibits the adsorption of bacteria on the tooth surface, thereby reducing the acid erosion of the teeth, preventing dental caries and reducing the generation of dental plaque, and strengthening the teeth.
Lose weight: Xylitol provides energy for the human body, synthesizes glycogen, reduces the consumption of fat and protein in liver tissue, protects and repairs the liver, reduces the production of harmful ketones in the human body, and will not worry about getting fat due to eating. It can be widely used in food, medicine, light industry, and other fields. Compared with ordinary white sugar, xylitol has the advantage of low calories - each gram of xylitol contains only 2.4 calories, which is 40% less than most other carbohydrates. Therefore, xylitol can be used in various applications. In a kind of diet sweetener, as a substitute for high-calorie sugar.
Stable: Bio-xylitol metabolizes slowly in the body, so it will not cause insulin to rise or fall suddenly. Ordinary sugar does. Xylitol is a natural stabilizer of insulin. After food is used, it will not increase insulin in the blood. Xylitol also plays a role. It plays an important role in stabilizing hormones. High levels of insulin will increase the production of estrogen, causing breast cancer and also interfere with the healthy function of the ovaries. Insulin resistance is an important cause of hormone problems (polycystic ovary syndrome), therefore, it lowers insulin levels. It is important not only to fight against polycystic ovary syndrome but also to break down more other hormone imbalances and reduce the risk of breast cancer.
1. Xylitol does not need insulin to participate in the metabolism of the body, and does not increase the blood sugar level, and can eliminate the three types of diabetes (polydipsia, polyuria, polyphagia), so it is a safe sweetener, nutrition for diabetics supplements and adjuvant therapeutics.
2. Eating xylitol will not cause dental caries and can be used as a sweetener for chewing gum, chocolate, hard candy, and other foods.
3. Because of its unique function, it can be used as a sweetener for low-sugar foods by blending with other sugars and alcohols.
4. Xylitol has a cool taste and better effect after freezing. It can be used in refreshing cold drinks, desserts, milk, coffee, and other industries. It can also be used in health drinks, throat medicine, cough syrup, etc.
5. For good health, it can be used as a substitute for sucrose at home to prevent diabetes and obesity caused by excessive sucrose consumption.
6. Xylitol is a kind of polyalcohol, which can be used as a moisture regulator for cosmetics and has no irritant effect on human skin. For example, facial cleanser, beauty cream, lotion.
7. Xylitol has hygroscopicity and anti-caries function, and liquid xylitol has a good sweet taste, so it can replace glycerin as tobacco shreds, anti-caries toothpaste, mouthwash perfuming, antifreeze moisturizer, etc.
8. Liquid xylitol can be used in the manufacture of battery plates, with stable performance, easy operation, low cost, and better than glycerin.
9. Xylitol is a functional sugar alcohol with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects.
Xylitol can replace sugar in candies, cakes, and beverages according to normal production needs. The label states that it is suitable for people with diabetes. In actual production, xylitol can be used as a sweetener and humectant. The reference dosage for food is: chocolate, 43%; chewing gum, 64%; jam, jelly, 40%; seasoning ketchup, 50%. Xylitol can also be used in condensed milk, toffee, soft sweets and so on. When used in pastries, no browning occurs. When making cakes that require browning, a small amount of fructose can be added. Xylitol can inhibit the growth and fermentation activity of yeast, so it is not suitable for fermented food.
In addition to weight loss, it can also bring the following benefits to the human body:
A. Enhance digestive function and heart function
B. Reduce the level of harmful cholesterol
C. It can soften blood vessels and slow the occurrence of vascular sclerosis
D. Lower blood pressure (maintain normal blood pressure)
E. Maintain normal blood sugar levels
F. Prevent the formation of cancer cells
G. Whiten the skin and keep the skin smooth and moisturized
H. Eliminate heavy metals in the body
I. Reduce tension and fatigue and make people sleep easily
- Fructo Oligosaccharide
- Malt Oligosaccharide