The Efficacy of Xylo Oligosaccharide
Ⅰ. About xylo oligosaccharide
Xylo oligosaccharides are functional polymeric sugars composed of 2-7 xylose molecules bound by β-1,4 glycosidic bonds. Compared with the commonly used soybean oligosaccharides, fructooligosaccharides, and isomaltose oligosaccharides, xylo oligosaccharides have unique advantages. It can selectively promote the proliferative activity of intestinal bifidobacteria. And its bifid factor function is 10-20 times that of other polymeric carbohydrates.
Ⅱ. The efficacy of xylo oligosaccharide
1. Xylo oligosaccharides can reduce the production of toxic fermentation products and harmful bacterial enzymes. In vivo and in vitro fecal culture tests show that within 3 weeks of ingesting xylo-oligosaccharides, the body can reduce the production of 44.6% of toxic fermentation products and 40.9% of harmful bacterial enzymes.
2. Inhibit pathogenic bacteria and diarrhea. Xylo-oligosaccharides have strong adsorption to pathogenic bacteria, such as Escherichia coli, Enteritidis, Klebsiella pneumonia, Aeromonas hydrophila, etc. can be adsorbed on xylo-oligosaccharides. Since xylo-oligosaccharide is not degraded by digestive enzymes in the gut, it can carry attached pathogenic bacteria and be excreted through the gut, thereby preventing diseases from colonizing in the gut and preventing diarrhea.
3. Prevent constipation. Bifidobacteria use xylo-oligosaccharides to produce a large amount of short-chain fatty acids, which can stimulate intestinal peristalsis, increase the wetness of feces, and maintain a certain osmotic pressure, thereby preventing constipation.
4. Protect liver function. Ingestion of xylo-oligosaccharides reduces the formation of toxic metabolites, thereby greatly reducing the burden on the liver to break down toxins.
5. Lower serum cholesterol. After ingesting xylo-oligosaccharides for 2 weeks to 3 months, the total serum cholesterol in the body can be reduced by 20-50dl. It can also increase the ratio of multi-density lipoprotein cholesterol to total cholesterol in female serum.
6. Lower blood pressure. The study showed that after 46 hyperlipidemia patients ingested xylo-oligosaccharides for 5 weeks, their diastolic blood pressure decreased by an average of 799.8Pa (6mmHg). The results showed that there was a significant negative correlation between the level of diastolic blood pressure and the ratio of bifidobacteria to total bacteria in feces.
7. Enhance the body's immunity. A large number of test results show that bifidobacterium can play an anti-cancer effect in the intestinal tract. This anticancer effect is attributed to the cells, cell wall components and extracellular secretions of bifidobacteria.
8. Prevent and protect dental caries and inhibit the growth of oral bacteria. Dental caries is caused by the erosion of oral microorganisms, especially streptococci. Xylo-oligosaccharides are not suitable substrates for these oral microorganisms and therefore do not cause dental caries, thereby inhibiting the growth of oral pathogens.
- Fructo Oligosaccharide
- Malt Oligosaccharide