The Role of Maltitol and Its Price Influencing Factors
Ⅰ. What are the functions of maltitol?
The main function of maltitol is to exist as a food additive, which can increase the sweetness and consistency of food.
Because maltose has a good taste, good moisture retention and non-crystallinity, it can be used to make various candies and functional foods, and the taste of beverages added with maltitol will be more plump and smooth.
Therefore, the function of maltitol is mainly reflected in food processing. These functions are:
1. The role of application in bread. Bread is people's staple food in European and American countries, and it has gradually developed into people's staple food in China. Maltitol is difficult to be used by baker's yeast, mold and other fungi. Shelf life of bread.
At the same time, after adding maltitol, the bread is softer and has a delicate taste, which can prevent dental caries, absorb slowly in the stomach, inhibit the formation of fat, and promote the absorption of calcium.
2. The role of application in dairy products. Adding maltitol powder to dairy products not only has no effect on the flavor of dairy products, but also makes it have a unique color, fragrance, rich nutrition, low sweetness, low heat energy, stability and Good water solubility, will not increase the metabolic burden.
3. Maltitol also has the effect of increasing the secretion of digestive juice and preventing constipation.
4. Maltitol can increase bifidobacteria in the human body, enhance human immunity, and have a more obvious effect on lowering blood sugar, reducing the formation of fatty acids, and promoting the absorption of calcium in the human body.
5. Properly increasing the amount of water added to maltitol can produce sugar-free products of good quality, refreshing and pleasant ice cream and beverage products.
Ⅱ. Factors affecting the price of maltitol
Maltitol is widely used as an important additive of sweet food, so the price of maltitol has attracted the attention of many people. Maltitol, a sugar alcohol product extracted from malt, is mainly used to replace sucrose because of its good taste. Therefore, the appearance of maltitol quickly gained market recognition and people's love.
The price of maltitol is completely determined by the market. Supply, demand and quality grade are the determining factors of the price of maltitol. The price of maltitol is mainly affected by the following aspects.
1. Since the output of maltitol is a food product that is strongly affected by seasonal factors, the price of maltitol varies in different seasons, and the price of maltitol is slightly lower in summer and autumn.
2. The price of maltitol is also restricted by the purity. The purity of maltitol is better than 60%, and it cannot be called maltitol products if it is less than 50%. So the higher the purity, the higher the price of maltitol powder.
3. The country has certain restrictions on food additives such as maltitol, and it is divided into different grades according to the color of the finished product.
- Fructo Oligosaccharide
- Malt Oligosaccharide
20/03/2023Why did oligosaccharides replace sucrose?
16/03/2023Two natural fibers